We are currently fielding submissions for Instagram takeovers on the official Parsons Fine Arts account. Current MFA and BFA students are invited to participate.
How it Works
- Submit a request using the form at the end of this page.
- Your submission will be reviewed by Fine Arts Faculty (the primary purpose of this is to insure that you are a current student). If the program needs any more information from you, we will reach out to you via the email address you include on the form.
- Once your request is approved, we will reach out to you to confirm your participation.
- You will receive access information the day before your takeover.
- You will have 24 hours to share your work. You can post up to 10 (ten) moments on the ParsonsFineArts stories and 1 (0ne) newsfeed post (with the maximum of images/videos that instagram allows) during your 24 hour takeover.
- you are responsible for insuring that the content you post is respectful of TNS/Parsons/Fine Arts student expectations as well as Instagram’s community guidelines.
- We ask that you do not use the takeover to sell work.
- We ask that you keep your posts positive and thought-provoking.
- We ask that you only tag people/accounts that you know personally.
- Do your best to construct quality content, including text that you double-check/proofread before posting and use hashtags strategically.
- We encourage you to follow the template below while posting.
- introduce yourself and the work that you do.
- share recent or current work(s)
- include your @account and encourage people to follow you
- Ask an art related question and/or use the “poll” or other story features to create community engagement.
- Encourage viewers to engage in other art-related content you enjoy or find important.
Use the form below to formally submit a request for a 24 hour takeover!